PCC Methow Valley Salad
Community Recipe from
- .5 cup(s) Farro
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 3 tablespoon(s) Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dill weed dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- .25 cup(s) olive oil
- .25 cup(s) basil oil
- .25 pound(s) Roma tomatoes diced
- .5 whole(s) cucumber seeded
- .25 cup(s) carrots shredded
- .33 pound(s) chard and kale mix
- Soak farro in water overnight. Bring water, pre-soaked farro and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slowly at room temperature. Do not rinse. When cooled, place in a large bowl and refrigerate.
- Mix together lemon juice, garlic, dill, basil, remaining salt, pepper, and both oils until dressing is blended. Toss dressing with grain, tomatoes, cucumber and carrots.
- To serve, toss equal parts farro-vegetable mixture and loosely packed greens in a bowl.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tfoodie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes