PCC Methow Valley Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- .5 cup(s) Farro
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 3 tablespoon(s) Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) dill weed dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) basil dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- .25 cup(s) olive oil
- .25 cup(s) basil oil
- .25 pound(s) Roma tomatoes diced
- .5 whole(s) cucumber seeded
- .25 cup(s) carrots shredded
- .33 pound(s) chard and kale mix
- Soak farro in water overnight. Bring water, pre-soaked farro and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slowly at room temperature. Do not rinse. When cooled, place in a large bowl and refrigerate.
- Mix together lemon juice, garlic, dill, basil, remaining salt, pepper, and both oils until dressing is blended. Toss dressing with grain, tomatoes, cucumber and carrots.
- To serve, toss equal parts farro-vegetable mixture and loosely packed greens in a bowl.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tfoodie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note