Yield: Yield: About 8 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Health
Bake: 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 44
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 46mg
- Calcium: 5mg
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter, not natural or old-fashioned
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam, stirred to loosen
- 1. Place racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat peanut butter, sugar, egg, 1/4 cup water and vanilla until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is well-blended and light, about 3 minutes. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- 3. Pinch off a heaping teaspoonful of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat, covering both sheets, spacing dough balls 1 inch apart. With end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in center of each ball. Fill each indentation with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- 4. Bake, switching sheets halfway through, until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough and jam.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This