Yield: Yield: About 8 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Health
Bake: 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 44
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 46mg
- Calcium: 5mg
- 1 1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter, not natural or old-fashioned
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam, stirred to loosen
- 1. Place racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat peanut butter, sugar, egg, 1/4 cup water and vanilla until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until mixture is well-blended and light, about 3 minutes. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until just incorporated.
- 3. Pinch off a heaping teaspoonful of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat, covering both sheets, spacing dough balls 1 inch apart. With end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in center of each ball. Fill each indentation with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- 4. Bake, switching sheets halfway through, until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough and jam.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note