This recipe was good, but not awesome. There are better stir-fry recipes on this site. I did, however, like the steak and will incorporate it in other stir-fry recipes.
"PB and J" Steak Stir-fry with Rice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/3 pound sugar snap peas (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir together cornstarch and 1/3 cup water, and add to soy sauce mixture.
- 2. Stir-fry half of steak in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat 3 to 4 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a plate; repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and remaining steak.
- 3. Stir-fry bell pepper, next 3 ingredients, and half of green onions in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add soy sauce mixture and steak; bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with remaining green onions. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes