These bars were quite good but nothing special. I love that they don't require a mixer and come together in no time. They were slightly dry but if you're short on time no one will be disappointed with these!
PB & Chocolate Pan Cookie
Leave the mixer in the cabinet--you can mix up this dough with a spoon.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 (12-ounce) package dark chocolate morsels, divided
- Stir together peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar until combined. Add baking mix and 3/4 cup dark chocolate morsels, stirring just until moistened. Spread mixture in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate morsels; let stand 5 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread melted chocolate evenly over top. Cut into triangles, bars, or squares.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick All-Purpose Baking Mix and Hershey's Special Dark Chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note