This is by far the best Pavlova recipe I have ever tried.It turns out beautifully every time!
Pavlova With Lemon Cream and Berries
My mother's signature dessert. Assemble it just before serving, but you can make the meringue up to two days ahead; store in an airtight container.
More From Southern Living
Other: 13 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Parchment paper
- 1 (10-oz.) jar lemon curd
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Assorted fresh berries
- Garnish: fresh lemon zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 225°. Whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Beat egg whites at medium-high speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 minute; add cream of tartar and salt, beating until blended. Gradually add sugar mixture, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating at medium-high speed until mixture is glossy, stiff peaks form, and sugar dissolves. (Do not overbeat.) Beat in vanilla. Gently spread mixture into a 7-inch round on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, making an indentation in center of meringue to hold filling.
- 2. Bake at 225° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until pale golden and outside has formed a crust. Turn oven off; let meringue stand in oven, with door closed and light on, 12 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together lemon curd and sour cream until smooth. Cover and chill.
- 4. Spoon lemon mixture into center of meringue, and top with berries. (Center of meringue may fall once the lemon mixture and berries have been added.) Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note