Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge, 1/8 meringue, 1/2 cup fruit, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 39.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Calcium: 46mg
- 5 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light vanilla ice cream, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (orange-flavored liqueur) or 1/2 teaspoon extract of your choice
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw a 10-inch circle on parchment paper. Turn parchment paper over. Secure with masking tape; set aside.
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy. Add salt, beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not underbeat). Sprinkle cornstarch over egg white mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Stir in vanilla and vinegar.
- Spoon egg white mixture onto drawn circle. Using the back of spoon, shape meringue into a "nest" with 2 1/2-inch sides. Bake at 275° for 2 hours or until dry. Turn oven off; let meringue cool in closed oven at least 12 hours. Carefully remove meringue from paper; set aside.
- Combine fruit and powdered sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Combine ice cream and liqueur. Spoon fruit mixture onto meringue, and drizzle sauce over top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pavlova Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American, Pacific Rim
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Eggs
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light