- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Melt butter with oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add onion and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender.
Stir in brown sugar and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding solids.