Paula's Volcano Cake
Community Recipe from
- Cream Mixture
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 1 stick(s) butter room temperature
- 2 cup(s) 4X or 10X sugar
- 1 cup(s) sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup(s) pecans
- 1 box(es) german chocolate cake mix follow directions on box
- 10 bite size almond joy covered candy or candy of choice
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- For the cream mixture:
- Beat ingredients together with an electric mixer. Set aside until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch cake pan.
- Line bottom of greased pan with coconut flakes. Sprinkle pecans on top of coconut. Set aside.
- Follow directions on back of box to prepare cake. Beat for approximately 2 minutes, using an electric mixer. Fold in bite-sized candy. Pour into cake pan. Evenly space dollops of cream mixture on top of the cake. When the cake cooks, the cream will sink down to the bottom. This will be your "volcano" of flavor. Place in oven for 40 to 45 minutes. While cake is still hot spread the glaze evenly over the cake.
- For the glaze:
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in cocoa powder and add milk until you get a thin consistency. If glaze is too thick, add more milk. While bringing the butter and milk mixture to a boil, whisk in confectioners' sugar and almond extract. Glaze should be thin. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before using.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dakotababy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Paula's Volcano Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts