Pattypan Squash Casserole
- 2 pounds pattypan squash, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cook squash, covered, in boiling salted water 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash. Drain again, if necessary.
- Combine squash, 2 tablespoons butter, onion, flour, salt, pepper, and milk; stir well. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 1-quart casserole.
- Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; spoon over squash mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This