Patchwork Soup Mix
Add a bag of Herbed Oyster Crackers to go along with this hearty soup mix. The pair offers just the right combination for chasing the chill away!
Yield: Makes 2 cups. Serves 10.
- 1/3 cup dried yellow split peas
- 1/3 cup dried green split peas
- 1/3 cup dried lima beans
- 1/3 cup dried pinto beans
- 1/3 cup dried kidney beans
- 1/3 cup Great Northern beans
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Herbed Oyster Crackers
- Combine all ingredients except crackers in an airtight container. Give with Herbed Oyster Crackers and attach instructions.
Instructions:Combine 8 cups water and soup mix in a large stockpot; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let sit one hour. Return pan to heat; stir in 2 cups chopped carrots and 1 1/2 cups chopped celery. Add 1 1/2 pounds smoked ham hock; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or until beans are tender; skim fat as necessary. Remove ham hock from soup; remove meat from bone. Chop meat and return to soup. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat thoroughly and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews