Using the advice of the other reviews ( less chicken stock), this recipe came out great! It was delicious and very easy to make. I will definitely be keeping this recipe for future uses.
Pastry-Topped Chicken Potpie
In Pastry-Topped Chicken Potpie, the crisp, flaky pastry topping serves as a perfect contrast to the tender chicken and veggies.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Sodium: 556mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 (3/4-ounce) package fresh poultry blend herbs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 package refrigerated pie dough
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. To prepare filling, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Weigh or lightly spoon 1.1 ounces (1/4 cup) flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Stir flour, salt, and pepper into vegetables; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and peas; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove rosemary from herb package; reserve for another use. Strip leaves from stems of remaining herbs; chop leaves to measure 2 tablespoons. Stir herbs into filling. Pour filling in a 2-quart baking dish or cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Cut a 9-inch circle of refrigerated pie dough into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Weave strips over filling; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. May be prepared in 6 (10-ounce) ramekins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This