Pastry Tart Shell
This recipe goes with Prune-and-Hazelnut Tart
Yield: 1 (10 1/2-inch) tart shell
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted very cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 1/2 to 4 tablespoons water
- Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until blended. Add butter, and pulse 8 to 10 times or until mixture is crumbly. Add water, and pulse 8 to 10 times or until mixture holds together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a ball. Place on plastic wrap; flatten slightly and wrap securely. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Fit into a fluted 10 1/2- x 3-inch-deep round tart pan; trim excess pastry along edges. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 30 minutes. Freeze 30 additional minutes. Line pastry with aluminum foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 375° for 17 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 8 additional minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads