Photo: Charles Walton
This recipe goes with Pecan Pie Cake
Yield: 16 to 20 pastry leaves; 12 pecan pastries
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 24 pecan halves
- Unfold piecrusts, and press out fold lines. Cut 8 to 10 leaves from each piecrust with a 3-inch leaf-shaped cutter, and mark leaf veins using tip of a knife. Reserve pastry trimmings. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water, and brush on pastry leaves.
- Crumple 10 to 12 small aluminum foil pieces into 1/2-inch balls. Coat with vegetable cooking spray, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Drape a pastry leaf over each ball; place remaining pastry leaves on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Gently remove foil from leaves.
- Pinch 12 pea-size pieces from pastry trimmings. Place between pecan halves, forming sandwiches. Cut remaining pastry into 2-inch pieces; wrap around pecan sandwiches, leaving jagged edges to resemble half-shelled pecans. Brush with egg mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note