- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- In the bowl of a food processor or a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and shortening and pulse, or use your fingertips to mix until the dough is crumbly and pea-sized clumps form. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin, roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to an 8- or 9-inch pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts