More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 22
- Calories from fat: 82%
- Protein: 0.7g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 0.2g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Cholesterol: 1.8mg
- 1 log (10 oz.) fresh chèvre (goat) cheese
- 5 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons pastis
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Cut 1 log (10 oz.) fresh chèvre (goat) cheese crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Fit slices into a 2-cup jar with an airtight lid. Add 5 teaspoons herbes de provence (or 1 teaspoon each fennel seed and dried basil, rosemary, sage, and thyme), 2 tablespoons pastis, and 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Close jar tightly and tilt to mix herbs and oil. Chill at least 24 hours or up to 1 month (oil thickens when chilled but liquefies at room temperature).
- 2. Bring to room temperature to serve. Spread cheese and a little oil onto toasted bread or crackers. Save leftover oil for salad dressings.
- Nutritional analysis per teaspoon cheese with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This