@Amanda 1277. The recipe does state using all of the olive oil. 2 tsps. to be added to the "next 7 ingredients" (step #1) and then 1 TBLS (3 tsps) to saute the veggies. Not sure it makes much difference in the taste of the final dish. My husband and I liked this dish and found it a nice summer meal. Would someone tell me how and when my "name" got changed from BakerCarol to Cooking Crazy???
Pasta with Zucchini and Toasted Almonds
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Leigh Ann Ross
Pair flavorful pasta with olive tapenade breadsticks for a superfast and delicious meal in minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated linguine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add 2 teaspoons oil, tossing to coat.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini; sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Stir in pasta and 1 1/2 tablespoons mint; toss well. Remove from heat; stir in tomato mixture. Place 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 bowls; top evenly with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons mint. Sprinkle each serving with 4 teaspoons cheese and 2 teaspoons almonds.
- Olive tapenade breadsticks: Combine 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 15 finely chopped pitted kalamata olives in a small bowl. Spread olive mixture over 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated breadsticks dough. Twist each breadstick; bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note