@Amanda 1277. The recipe does state using all of the olive oil. 2 tsps. to be added to the "next 7 ingredients" (step #1) and then 1 TBLS (3 tsps) to saute the veggies. Not sure it makes much difference in the taste of the final dish. My husband and I liked this dish and found it a nice summer meal. Would someone tell me how and when my "name" got changed from BakerCarol to Cooking Crazy???
Pasta with Zucchini and Toasted Almonds
Pair flavorful pasta with olive tapenade breadsticks for a superfast and delicious meal in minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 45.5g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated linguine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add 2 teaspoons oil, tossing to coat.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini; sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Stir in pasta and 1 1/2 tablespoons mint; toss well. Remove from heat; stir in tomato mixture. Place 1 1/2 cups pasta mixture in each of 4 bowls; top evenly with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons mint. Sprinkle each serving with 4 teaspoons cheese and 2 teaspoons almonds.
- Olive tapenade breadsticks: Combine 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 15 finely chopped pitted kalamata olives in a small bowl. Spread olive mixture over 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated breadsticks dough. Twist each breadstick; bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes