This was SO easy! I love that the ingredients are things I have in my pantry. My husband, who does not like pecans or lemons, thought this was good.
Pasta With Zesty Pecan Sauce
Easy sides: Split 1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf lengthwise, and brush cut sides with 1/2 cup melted butter. Top with 6 garlic cloves, pressed; 1 tsp. dried oregano; and 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes. Bake until lightly browned and crisp. Serve with a tossed salad or green vegetable.
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (12-oz.) package linguine
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1. Heat pecans in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Remove from skillet. Let cool 5 minutes. Stir together pecans, parsley, and zest.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Process artichoke hearts and next 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid. Pulse 3 to 4 times or until smooth. Toss with hot cooked pasta; season with salt to taste. Top each serving with pecan mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This