I followed the recipe exactly except used whole wheat rotini pasta (12 oz). I thought the recipe was kind of bland and a little too sweet with the fresh basil and sun-dried tomatoes. It has a good based so I would make it again, with some changes: add another can of beans, substitute fresh tomatoes for sun-dried, use no basil or dried basil or maybe oregano and double lemon juice.
Pasta With White Beans and Arugula
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Melanie Clark
More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 (19-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.5-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes with herbs in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 (5-oz.) package fresh arugula, thoroughly washed
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir together beans and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in hot cooked pasta until blended.
- Pasta With Chickpeas, Tuna, and Arugula: Substitute 1 (16-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, for cannellini beans. Stir in 3 (5-oz.) cans solid white tuna in water, drained.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note