Delicious! Made the pasta from scratch and it was amazing. Followed the sauce recipe exactly as written, except I used fresh garlic instead of bottled and light feta. Excellent!
Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and Feta Cheese
The Mediterranean flavors in this easy pasta dish come from sun-dried tomatoes, basil, almonds, garlic and Parmesan cheese, and the oil in the sun-dried tomatoes gives the almond-spiced pesto a rich consistency.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 300
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Calcium: 141mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh linguine
- 3/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
- While pasta cooks, place tomatoes and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Combine tomato mixture and the reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, stirring with a whisk. Add to pasta; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with feta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note