Great recipe. I added some cayenne pepper which gave it an extra kick.
Pasta with Spicy Shrimp and Tomato Sauce
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Deborah Williams
More From Real Simple
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Sugars: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 628mg
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- 1 pound pasta, such as spaghetti
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 24- to 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the shrimp, turning once, for 2 minutes. Add jalapeño and cook for 1 minute.
Add the sauce and parsley and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over the pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes