Pasta with Shrimp, Sausage, and Corn
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 12 ounces uncooked penne
- 1 (14-ounce) package low-fat smoked sausage
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl, set aside, and keep warm.
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in broth and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat and stir in green onions. Toss shrimp mixture and pasta to combine.
- The Case for Wine: Carlos Kainz owns and manages Dulces Latin Bistro in Seattle, Washington, along with his wife, chef Julie Guerrero. "Kielbasa sausage dominates the flavors in this recipe. A good match is Voss Vineyards Shiraz Napa Valley ($20). The Californian Syrah is opulent with notes of plum and licorice that marry well with Polish sausage."
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes