Pasta with Shrimp
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil; add shrimp and Creole seasoning, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding asparagus the last 5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Process basil and next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Combine shrimp, pasta, and asparagus in a large bowl; drizzle mixture with dressing, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This