Pasta with Shrimp
Yield: Makes 3 to 4 servings
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil; add shrimp and Creole seasoning, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding asparagus the last 5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Process basil and next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Combine shrimp, pasta, and asparagus in a large bowl; drizzle mixture with dressing, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes