pasta with sausage, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes
also use with portobello mushrooms and/or spinach and/or goat cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) sun dried tomatoes oil reserved
- 1 pound(s) ground italian hot suasage
- 1 can(s) quartered artichokes drained
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 12 ounce(s) penne pasta
- 1/2 cup(s) freshley shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 8 ounce(s) fresh mozarella, drained and cubed
- heat the oil reserved from the tomatoes in a large, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown, breaking up the meat into bite-size pieces with a fork, about 8 min. Transfer the sausage to a bowl. Add the artichokes/spinach and garlic to the same skillet and saute over medium heat until the garlic is tender, about 2 m inutes. Add the broth, wine and sun-driend tomatoes. Boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook, stirring often to prevent the pasta from sticking together, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 10 min. Drain the pasta (do not rinse). Add the pasta, sausage, 1/2 cusp of parmesam cheese, the basil and parsely to the artichoke mixture. Toss until the sauce is almost aabsorved by the pasta. Stir in the mozzarella, if using, or garnish was goat cheese and fresh basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChicagoChef82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
pasta with sausage, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes