Pasta with Potatoes
Community Recipe from
- 2 clove(s) garlic,
- 1 pound(s) large boiling potatoes, peeled
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) short pasta shapes, such as fusilli
- 3 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh chives
- Cut the potatoes into an even 1/2-inch dice. Blanch them in rapidly boiling lightly salted water until they are barely tender, 7 to 10 minutes. A knife should just penetrate a cube when it is poked. Remove the potatoes from the water, keeping the water at a boil, spread them on a tea towel, and gently but thoroughly pat them dry. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is very hot but not smoking, add the potato cubes in a single layer and cook, without stirring, until they are slightly crusty and lightly browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary, stir gently again, and cook until all sides of the potatoes are crisp and lightly browned, about 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, after turning the potatoes the first time, add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes, depending on their variety and shape. Drain the pasta well and add it to the skillet with the potatoes. Add the chives and stir gently to mix well. Cook for 1 more minute to combine the flavors, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by skspillman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta with Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes