Pasta with Porcini Mushroom Sauce
This is an earthy, rich-tasting pasta for a hearty fall or winter meal. The mushroom sauce is also good over Polenta or mashed potatoes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) crumbled dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 cup(s) chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried marjoram (1 T chopped fresh marjoram)
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried sage (4 tsp thinly sliced fresh sage)
- dash of salt
- 1/2 pound(s) linguini or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon(s) unbleached white flour
- 2/3 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small heatproof bowl, cover the porcini mushrooms with the boiling water and set aside.
- Bring a large covered pot of water to a rapid boil. While the water heats, saute the onions in the olive oil in a heavy skillet for 10 minutes or until translucent. Add the fresh mushrooms and the marjoram, sage and a dash of salt. Continue to saute, stirring often.
- When the water boils, stir in the pasta, cover, and return to a boil. Then uncover the pot, and cook until the pasta is al dente. Meanwhile drain the porcini mushrooms, reserving the liquid. Thoroughly rinse the porcini to remove any grit. Strain the reserved liquid through a paper coffee filter or cheescloth. When the sauting mushrooms begin to soften, add the porcini. Stir in the flour and then the strained porcini liquid, the wine, and the soy sauce. Simmer on med-high heat, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the drained pasta in warmed bowls, topped with the sauce, Parmesan or Romano cheese and black pepper
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta with Porcini Mushroom Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes