I used proscuitto instead of ham and this turned out delicious. It was very flavorful and does not taste light eventhough it is. I will definitely make this again. It is very easy and simple.
Pasta with Peas, Ham and Parmesan Cheese
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 434
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sodium: 538mg
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen peas, defrosted
- 8 ounces dry whole-wheat orecchiette or bowtie pasta
- 4 ounces lean boneless ham, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine sour cream and peas in a small bowl.
- 2. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- 3. Return pasta to pot and fold in sour cream mixture, ham, 3/4 cup cheese, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with additional tarragon and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta with Peas, Ham and Parmesan Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
- PUBLICATION: Health