- 8 ounces (1 1/4 cups) uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (2 oz.) slice pancetta, finely diced
- 8 baby pattypan squashes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pint yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula (about 2 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- calories 387
- fat 15 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 26 mg
- sodium 647 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced pancetta and cook, stirring, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Add squash and zucchini to pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and just tender, about 4 minutes.
Add cooked orzo, tomatoes, arugula, salt and remaining 1 Tbsp. butter to pan with zucchini; stir gently until arugula becomes wilted. Stir in chopped fresh parsley. If desired, serve with finely grated Parmesan cheese.