Pasta with Mascarpone, Prosciutto, Tomato & Basil
Recipe from Auricchio Mascarpone pkg 10/13
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Pasta-Rigatone or Penne Rigate
- 1 package(s) mascarpone (8.8 oz)
- 3-4 ounce(s) prosciutto-chopped
- 1 can(s) 28 oz Italian style tomatoes-drained & chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil leaves (or 8-10 fresh leaves)
- 5 ounce(s) frozen peas
- 1 ounce(s) dry white wine
- 2 ounce(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash(es) salt to taste
- 1 whole(s) small onion-chopped
- FOR THE SAUCE
- in a medium saucepan, sauté the prosciutto in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.for 1 minute; add the onion and sauté until the onion is softened but not browned; add the tomatoes, basil, white wine, peas and black pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes; lower heat and simmer for an additional 10-12 minutes
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan in lightly salted water until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In the same sauce pan, add the mascarpone and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return the pasta to the pot, toss with the mascarpone cheese to coat, then add the tomato sauce mixture. Toss with freshly grated Parmesan cheese; sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve
- you can substitute 8 ripe plum tomatoes for the canned tomatoes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by martcantor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note