- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), quartered, or fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- calories 688
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 21 g
- satfat 9 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- sodium 891 mg
- carbohydrate 95 g
- fiber 5 g
- sugars 6 g
- protein 26 g
How to Make It
In a large bowl, gently combine the tomatoes, onion, oil, bocconcini, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside and let marinate at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Add the drained pasta and basil to the marinated tomatoes and toss to combine. Divide among individual bowls.
Tip: The longer the tomato mixture marinates, the more flavorful it becomes. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Spoon it over chicken or warm bread.