Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Asparagus
Looking for a light and super fast supper? This easy pasta dish with grilled chicken and asparagus fits the bill. It's so delicious, even the kids will beg for seconds.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 401
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled chicken strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Arrange asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions in a single layer on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons pasta water.
- Add roasted vegetables, reserved pasta water, and chicken to pasta; toss gently.
- Combine olive oil, 2 tablespoons hot water, balsamic vinegar, and pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add to pasta mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This