Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Asparagus
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 771mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled chicken strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Arrange asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions in a single layer on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons pasta water.
- Add roasted vegetables, reserved pasta water, and chicken to pasta; toss gently.
- Combine olive oil, 2 tablespoons hot water, balsamic vinegar, and pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add to pasta mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes