- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled chicken strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 401
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 28.4 g
- carbohydrate 47.5 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 771 mg
- calcium 135 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Arrange asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions in a single layer on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons pasta water.
Add roasted vegetables, reserved pasta water, and chicken to pasta; toss gently.
Combine olive oil, 2 tablespoons hot water, balsamic vinegar, and pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add to pasta mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.