Pasta with Fresh Vegetables
Community Recipe from
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 3 clove(s) large garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce tobasco is my preferred
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound(s) broad noodles or pasta cooked, drained
- Cut broccoli into small flowerets. Peel stems and cut crosswise into 1/8 inch slices. In large saucepan, in 1 inch boiling water, steam broccoli and carrot slices about 8 minutes, until crisp, tender. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter; saute garlic 3 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper sauce. Gradually add broth and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens. Combine vegetables, pasta and sauce; toss.
- Note: above is the recipe as it was published in my local paper. It does not mention preparing the pasta. I start the water for the pasta at the same time as I start preparing the vegetables. I like my pasta to be good and hot so I don't have to warm everything up again when the sauce is ready. Also, I am not a professional chef, but I do modify the recipe a bit to save on washing pans and to add or substitute other ingredients. I usually toss my vegetables in with my pasta at the appropriate time, i.e., if the pasta needs 10 minutes to cook, I add the vegetables after 2 minutes of cooking. If I want to add chicken, I use cut up chicken breasts pieces and cook them with the garlic. You may want to cook the chicken a couple of minutes longer, before you add the garlic, to ensure it is completely cooked, depending on the size of the chicken pieces you use.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KYRedhot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes