Pasta with Fresh Vegetables
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 3 clove(s) large garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce tobasco is my preferred
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound(s) broad noodles or pasta cooked, drained
- Cut broccoli into small flowerets. Peel stems and cut crosswise into 1/8 inch slices. In large saucepan, in 1 inch boiling water, steam broccoli and carrot slices about 8 minutes, until crisp, tender. Drain.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter; saute garlic 3 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper sauce. Gradually add broth and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens. Combine vegetables, pasta and sauce; toss.
- Note: above is the recipe as it was published in my local paper. It does not mention preparing the pasta. I start the water for the pasta at the same time as I start preparing the vegetables. I like my pasta to be good and hot so I don't have to warm everything up again when the sauce is ready. Also, I am not a professional chef, but I do modify the recipe a bit to save on washing pans and to add or substitute other ingredients. I usually toss my vegetables in with my pasta at the appropriate time, i.e., if the pasta needs 10 minutes to cook, I add the vegetables after 2 minutes of cooking. If I want to add chicken, I use cut up chicken breasts pieces and cook them with the garlic. You may want to cook the chicken a couple of minutes longer, before you add the garlic, to ensure it is completely cooked, depending on the size of the chicken pieces you use.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KYRedhot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note