Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Sausage
Turkey sausage links freeze well and thaw quickly, so you can use a little of the package for this recipe and freeze the rest for later use.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage (about 2 sausages)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage, and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Set sausage aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- 3. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Return sausage to pan, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Place pasta and turkey mixture in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon into individual serving bowls; sprinkle evenly with basil and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note