Made this tonight and it was increadably quick and super good.
Pasta with Fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce
Though we paired this chunky sauce with fettuccine, it would also be nice with short pasta shapes, like penne, gemelli, or farfalle. For a more dramatic presentation, use multicolored cherry tomatoes, or a combination of cherry and pear (or teardrop-shaped) tomatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 43.4g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 541mg
- Calcium: 201mg
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; place pasta in a large bowl.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes and salt; cover and cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil and pepper. Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss well to combine. Top with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note