- 8 ounces dried vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies, drained and minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- calories 325
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- sodium 854 mg
- cholesterol 6.2 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, cook vermicelli in about 3 quarts boiling water just until barely tender to bite, about 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan, combine oil and garlic. Stir over medium-high heat until garlic is soft but not brown, about 1 minute. Mix in anchovies.
Turn heat to high. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, and hot chili flakes to pan and stir until tomatoes are hot, about 3 minutes.
Drain pasta and pour into a large bowl. Spoon tomato sauce over pasta and mix. Add cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.