- 2 (10-ounce) cans whole clams in juice, undrained
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Drain clams, and reserve juice. Cook reserved clam juice in a small skillet over medium heat 15 minutes or until reduced by half; set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic, and cook until golden. Add reduced clam juice and parsley; cook 2 minutes or until parsley is tender. Stir in clams, wine, and basil, and cook 5 minutes or until wine has reduced by half. Add pasta and black pepper, tossing well to coat. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.