This was very dry and had little flavor. I would not make this again. I'm going to try serving some Alfredo sauce alongside the leftovers to make it better but it is not one I would ever recommend.
Pasta with Chickpeas and Broccoli
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 459
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 456mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound penne or other small, short pasta
- 4 cups small broccoli florets (from 1 head broccoli)
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15.5-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Warm oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in bread crumbs, crushed red pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook, stirring, until bread crumbs are toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp. salt and pasta to pot with boiling water and cook until almost tender. Add broccoli to pot and continue to boil until broccoli and pasta are both tender, about 2 minutes longer. Drain and return pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Add chicken broth and chickpeas to pot with pasta and broccoli, return pot to heat and stir until broth is heated through, about 2 minutes. Add bread-crumb mixture to pot with pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This