Pasta with Caramelized Onions, Tomatoes, Parsley, and Olives
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Coastal Living
- 1 (16-ounce) box rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 red onions, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta, and cook according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until onions are golden and very tender. Stir in tomatoes, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes start to wilt. Add olives; cook 30 seconds. Stir in pasta and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve pasta hot or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes