- 1 (16-ounce) box rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 red onions, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta, and cook according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until onions are golden and very tender. Stir in tomatoes, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes start to wilt. Add olives; cook 30 seconds. Stir in pasta and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Serve pasta hot or at room temperature.