Pasta With Broccoli And Sausage
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound reduced-fat smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook broccoli and fettuccine in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain. Place in a large bowl.
Melt butter in a large heavy skillet; add mushrooms and garlic, and saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add to fettuccine mixture.
Brown sausage in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes; drain and add to fettuccine mixture. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
Stir together eggs, whipping cream, and pepper in skillet until blended. Add fettuccine mixture; toss well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and toss. Serve immediately.