- 6 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) uncooked gemelli (short tube-shaped pasta) or farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans
- 4 cups torn spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- calories 371
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 11.7 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 17.9 g
- carbohydrate 48.7 g
- fiber 7.3 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 754 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Place beans in a colander; place spinach on top of beans. Set aside.
Combine olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
When pasta is done, remove 1/4 cup pasta water from pan; set aside. Pour remaining pasta water and pasta over spinach and beans in colander. Stir 1/4 cup reserved pasta water into reserved olive oil mixture.
Drain pasta mixture well; place in a large bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over pasta mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper; toss well. Let stand 5 minutes; serve warm.