- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) package portobello mushroom caps, halved and sliced*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale or spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- calories 224
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 3.4 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 10.8 g
- carbohydrate 40.5 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 434 mg
- calcium 136 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl; set aside.
Saute onion and mushrooms in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes. Add kale and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or until kale is tender. Add beans, and cook 1 minute.
Add bean mixture to pasta; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
*1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms may be substituted.