Pasta with Beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Chop tomatoes.
- Saute onion and next 5 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, reserved liquid, salt, pepper, and, if desired, sugar. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in beans; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Toss cooked macaroni with butter; top with bean mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with French bread. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes