Pasta with Beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Chop tomatoes.
- Saute onion and next 5 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until onion is tender. Add tomatoes, reserved liquid, salt, pepper, and, if desired, sugar. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in beans; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Toss cooked macaroni with butter; top with bean mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with French bread. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note