i added grilled chicken and it turned out very good!!!
Pasta with Basil, Tomatoes, and Feta
Fresh veggies and flavorful feta cheese make this Mediterranean-inspired pasta dish big on flavor and short on prep time.
Yield: MAKES: 8 cups; 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 225mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped or slivered fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse, core, seed, and chop tomatoes. In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, basil, 1/2 cup feta, garlic, and olive oil. Add hot cooked pasta and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup feta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes