Husband and I loved this! Used corkscrew pasta and bacon, as that's what I had on hand. The only major thing I did differently was to saute the garlic in butter and white wine, and then add the contents of the pan to the oil/lemon dressing. Topped with fresh ground black pepper and fresh parsley. Delicious!
Pasta with Asparagus, Pancetta, and Pine Nuts
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Pasta is the perfect weeknight meal. Your family will love the comforting flavors, and you'll love that it's surprisingly low in calories.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 47.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 584mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; add asparagus to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Sprinkle pasta mixture with garlic; return to pan, and toss well.
- 3. Arrange pine nuts in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Place in a small bowl.
- 4. Increase oven temperature to 475°.
- 5. Arrange pancetta on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes or until crisp.
- 6. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts, pancetta, and cheese.
Note: Pine nuts are particularly delicious in this dish, but walnuts would also be tasty.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes