Used full can of artichoke hearts w/juices and added fresh chopped tomatoes.
Pasta with Artichokes and Fresh Ricotta
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 403
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Carbohydrate: 53.5g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 617mg
- Calcium: 268mg
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium artichokes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3 cups uncooked penne rigate pasta (about 12 ounces tube-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Combine 4 cups water and juice. Cut off stem of each artichoke to within 1 inch of base; peel stem. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves, leaving tender heart and bottom. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise. Remove fuzzy thistle from bottom with a spoon. Thinly slice each artichoke heart; place in lemon water. Drain.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add artichokes and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and cook 10 minutes or until artichokes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, artichoke mixture, pasta, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, and pepper in a large bowl, tossing to combine. Add ricotta in spoonfuls, stirring gently to combine. Spoon 1 1/3 cups pasta mixture into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note