Pasta with Anchovies and Bread Crumbs
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) pasta
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided use
- 8 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 2 ounce(s) Anchovies packed in oil
- Cook Pasta per directions, reserving 1/4 c. cooking water. Drizzle with 1 TBS olive oil, toss, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the anchovies and sauté for 5 minutes, breaking them up with a spatula until they dissolve into a paste. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute, then add the tomato. Cook, stirring often, until the tomato begins to break down, about 7 minutes. Season with pepper. For a thinner sauce, stir in a bit of reserved pasta cooking water.
- Uncover the pasta and while using tongs to toss, sprinkle the bread crumbs and parmesan, tossing until evenly coated. Divide the pasta among 4r serving bowls, then spoon some of the sauce into the center of each. Top each serving with additional grated parmesan if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by martinj and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note