Delicious--great recipe for the last of the season's tomatoes--loved the addition of the anchovies and balsamic vinegar to the sauce
Pasta with Roasted-Tomato Meat Sauce
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 428
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 47.5g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 402mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 9 ounces 80% lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 canned anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Place cherry tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 4. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, garlic, salt, pepper, and anchovies to pan; cook 4 minutes or until pork is browned, stirring to crumble. Add sherry to pan; cook 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add tomatoes and vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until tomatoes release their liquid and sauce is slightly thickened. Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note