Pasta Salad with Kefir, Peas & Cheese
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 pound(s) fresh or frozen peas
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves
- 1/2 pound(s) white cheese
- Cook the pasta shells in salted water until al dente. Drain and while it begins to cool, make the dressing and prep additional ingredients.
- In a blender, combine kefir, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the peas. Blend until smooth and pale green.
- Chop the green onions into thin slices. Stack the mint leaves and slice crosswise into thin ribbons. Dice the cheese into ¼ inch cubes or crumble if using feta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, dressing, green onions, mint, cheese and remaining peas and stir to combine. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving. If the pasta absorbs the dressing, add more kefir before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LifewayRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes