Pasta Salad with Kefir, Peas & Cheese
I love recipes with healthy substitutes. Cut the mayo out of pasta salad and give it a healthy, tangy twist with kefir and some fresh peas for a fresh take on a classic.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 pound(s) fresh or frozen peas
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) mint leaves
- 1/2 pound(s) white cheese
- Cook the pasta shells in salted water until al dente. Drain and while it begins to cool, make the dressing and prep additional ingredients.
- In a blender, combine kefir, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and 1 cup of the peas. Blend until smooth and pale green.
- Chop the green onions into thin slices. Stack the mint leaves and slice crosswise into thin ribbons. Dice the cheese into ¼ inch cubes or crumble if using feta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, dressing, green onions, mint, cheese and remaining peas and stir to combine. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving. If the pasta absorbs the dressing, add more kefir before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LifewayRecipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note