Pasta Salad with Chicken and Vegetables
Hearty main course pasta salad fully of satisfying flavors and textures. Careful not to over roast the chicken. Can be served with grissini and followed by fruit. I often use boneless chicken breast to simplify. I'll also steam some of the veggies in the microwave while cooking others. I use the vegetable water for cooking the pasta. vegetables can be varied.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) minced fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried rosemary crumbled
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- course salt, freshly grd. pepper to taste
- Pasta Salad
- Large chicken breast
- 2 sprig(s) Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 fresh rosemary or 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 celery stalks, strings removed
- 1/4 pound(s) red bell pepper, halved & seeded
- 1/2 pound(s) tender green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon(s) penne pasta
- sprig(s) capers
- fresh rosemary for garnish, optional
- To make the dressing, heat the rosemary in the olive oil in a small saucepan until the oil is hot, but not smoking. Cool for 30 min. If using dried rosemary, strain. Combine the oil with the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl, Set aside.
- Meanwhile, rub the chicken generously with the salt, pepper,and rosemary, Roast in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10 to 12 min or until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink near the bone. Cool. Cut the zucchini, carrots, celery, and red pepper in julienne strips. Cut any long green beans into pieces about as long as the vegetables. Blanch each vegetable in an abundant amount of boiling salted water until tender. Remove each vegetable with a slotted spoon and place in a colander. Refresh under cold running water. Cut the cooled chicken into julienne strips. Cook the penne as directed on package. Drain. Toss the pasta gently with the chicken, veggies, and dressing in a large bowl. Scatter the capers over the top. if using fresh rosemary, garnish with rosemary springs. This salad can be made up to 1 day ahead. Serves 4to 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by susanapril and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta Salad with Chicken and Vegetables Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes